Saturday, April 20, 2013

Getting gel manicures

I have recently become hooked to gel nail manicures. They're the best invention I have ever seen. I have stopped giving myself manicures because I was becoming tired of it coming off minutes after I applied the nail polish. It started to feel like I was wasting time putting effort in to something that would be gone so quickly.

I went to the salon with my sister to have my nails done a month ago. I really didn't want to go at first since its expensive to spend money on something like a manicure, but if I had stayed behind I would never have heard about gel nail polish. It is so fabulous. My nails stayed dark red for 2 weeks after I had them painted at the salon.

I started doing a bit of research to see if I could paint my nails with gel polish at home and found that you can, but you have to buy a lamp to cure the polish. I'm thinking about buying one, and I think that it could be worth the investment because it's really expensive to go to the salon all of the time. I love having my nails painted too, so I know that I would get a lot of use out of it. I got a couple of ideas about what to purchase from a site called Nails and Polish which has nail lamp reviews.

Whether or not I should get an LED lamp or a UV lamp is the next decision that I have to make. The first investment into this is going to be expensive since I will need to buy nail polishes in addition to the lamp. I don't even know which gel polish is the best yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment