Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Techie addict

Sometimes I feel like I am addicted to buying technology. I look around my room and I see that I have so many different screens to look at. I have a large tv. I have a desktop computer and a laptop. I have an iphone. I have an ereader. I gave away my ipad after realizing just how many unnecessary gadgets I had. I mean, who really needs all of this stuff anyway?

I just can't seem to help myself. Whenever I see something new get released I feel like I need to have it. I also get tired of the things that I own really quickly. So I'll be excited about my new phone for about a week before I feel like I don't like it anymore and I want something new. I wish that I had an obsession that was less expensive than this. I don't exactly have the money to throw around on any piece of new technology that gets released. Can't I just be addicted to something free like meditating?

In addition to many screens I also have an xbox, a wii, a dvd player and a bluray player. The bluray player may be the most useless thing that I own because I don't even use it for anything besides streaming netflix. I used to have a netflix bluray account but I cancelled it when they stopped offering streaming for free to their subscribers.

Let's not forget that I also have a dslr camera and I just purchased a nice little external harddrive despite the fact that I already had one. I felt like I needed something a bit smaller. I think that someone needs to take all of my money and lock it away for me because this is beginning to become ridiculous.

I could spend hours in best buy just staring at everything and wanting all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment