Monday, April 15, 2013

Living at home

I have been living in the same place since I was 12 years old. I am now in my mid 20s and I still reside in the same place bedroom that I grew up in. After I graduated college I had to move back in with my parents. Even though I had a job straight out of school, I still couldn't afford to live on my own. That's the problem with living in a major city, the rent is ridiculous and I'll be lucky if I get out of my childhood home before I am 30.

I want to move out more than anything in the world. Lots of young women dream about success in their careers, or getting married and having children. But the only thing I want more than anything else in the world is a place to call my own. I want a place where I can pick out all the furniture and decorate it however I want. I want to have a kitchen that is only stocked with the food that I like. I want a place that I can go to to escape all of the people in my life and be alone. The problem with living in the house that you grew up in is that there is never a moment alone. There is always at least one other family member in this house at any given time. I love my family but as an introvert, I really feel like I need solitude at times and I never have it. This is one of the reasons I feel like I could never have children because I know that I would go crazy having people who depend on me surrounding me all of the time.

I've been trying to save enough money to move, but it really does feel like it's never going to happen because I am in so much debt from college. My student loan payments take up a huge chunk of any of the money that I make in a month. It's really sad because I feel like my education hasn't helped me to make more money at all. If I hadn't gone to college I'd be in the same situation I am now, except that I might be able to pay rent since I wouldn't be spending all of my money on loan payments. I guess there is always a catch of some sort.

No comments:

Post a Comment