Thursday, April 18, 2013

Me and my sister

I never understood sibling rivalrys. I have always been really close to my little sister. We have so much in common and we have so much fun when we spend time together. We would always see portrayals of siblings on television and laugh at how the characters would always be at each others throats. We thought it was funny because we have never been like that in our entire lives.

I wonder if it has to do with our age difference. I am significantly older than she is, so perhaps the fact that we are so far apart in age means that there is really not much that we can bicker about. We just get along perfectly. If anything, she is probably the person that I spend the bulk of my time with, and she's probably the only good thing about living at home. It means I always have a friend, or there is always someone there that I can talk to.

Sometimes I feel bad for only children. I know that they don't know what it is like to have a brother or a sister so it doesn't feel like they are missing something, but I can't imagine having someone who is permanently my friend no matter what.. I also feel bad for siblings who just don't get along with each other. I can't even imagine what that is like. It must suck.

Me and my sister have recently been obsessed with trying to watch as much science fiction television as possible. We have been working our way through a lot of tv shows that most people have already watched and we haven't yet. We are currently working our way through the x-files. I know it's such a disaster that two scifi geeks have not completely finished this show. But we're trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment