Friday, April 12, 2013

Writing therapy

I wonder if I am the only one who finds writing really therepeutic. I started this blog not as a way to speak to the world, and I don't even ever expect anyone to read it. I just wanted a place where I could dump out all of the thoughts in my head. It didn't matter to me whether or not anything I write makes sense, or if my grammar is any good. I just like to put everything down on paper, so to speak.

Sometimes when my brain feels really congested all that I need to do is write. I'll write about whatever I'm worried about, or whatever happened to me that day. I'll write about something that happened to me years ago. It doesn't matter. Just the feeling of my fingers against the keyboard is enough to make me start feeling better instantly.

I like writing so much that I start collecting any sort of writing apps available. Everything from stuff in the windows 8 app store to all the things from the apple app store. My favorite so far is evernote. It is probably my most used app on all of my devices. I use it to store lists of anything from things that I need to get done, to things that I want to achieve. I even use it to keep track of movies, shows, and books I've watched because I found that keeping lists of things I have consumed helps to trigger memories. I love being able to look at a book I have read and remember the time I read it, and what was going on in my life at that time.

When I was younger I wanted to be a writer, and then I realized that I wasn't very good at it and I didn't really like writing stories or anything. So I guess this is my way of still enjoying the feeling that writing gibes to me without actually needing to be any good at it, or all the boring stuff like editing and proof reading. Just write, and press enter.

No comments:

Post a Comment