Friday, April 26, 2013

Listing

I am addicted to making lists. I don't know how it started but I just love having a list for absolutely everything in my life. The issue with loving lists is that I have them everywhere. I download so many different listing apps, and I also have tons of notebooks that I use to write down lists. But this is a terrible idea because I end up with lists all over the place rather than having one nice little listing resource. I try to keep all of my lists in evernote, but sometimes I just want to use a goog ole pen and paper to write everything down. This usually leads to me starting a notebook with a few lists and then abandoning the notebook. Then I never want to use the notebook for anything else because it has lists in it and it isn't fresh anymore. It's very silly.

My favorite kinds of lists are goals lists. I split these up into categories like a crazy person. I have lists for long term goals that I want to accomplish, and I have lists of shorter term goals. I have lists of career goals and general personal goals for myself. Sometimes when I am feeling extra crazy and productive I will break down my goals into monthly goals and even weekly goals. I get too overwhelmed when I try to give myself daily goals, so I have given up on that.

I also have lists that I use to keep track of things I have watched on television. I keep track of all the books I read. And sometimes I keep lists of big events that have happened in my life so that I can look back at the end of the year and realize that it wasn't all just a waste of time.

I also keep a list of thoughts which is the weirdest thing. Sometimes my mind gets cluttered with misc thoughts from anything like "huh, I should try that recipe" to "hmm that show looks interesting" I take all of these thoughts and I write them down so that I can never forget anything. I wonder if this makes me some kind of psycho.

No comments:

Post a Comment